Citations are like parking tickets. They don’t go on your record. Don’t Pay It, Contest It. Philly police often give citations to protestors. What Happens When You Get a Citation The police will pull you aside. They will write up a citation. You have to give your name. You don’t have to give your ID (but not giving may prolong… Read more →
Sometimes we get props! And a few good quotes.
Check out buzz on us and upcoming actions here
- Why the ACLU is fighting Philly’s new DNC protest restrictions
- What you need to know before protesting the DNC
- Will Philly adhere to decades-old restrictions on political infiltration at upcoming DNC protests?
- City promises calm, prepares for chaos ahead of DNC
- Protesters Planning To Demonstrate DNC Lawyer Up
- On-Again, Off-Again at Holmesburg Prison
- A legion of lawyers with long memories prepares for DNC protests
- Before DNC, Philly legal community teaches finer points of protest
- How to Prepare for a Protest
First off….Laws are Changing We highly advise that you keep abreast of the many changes to laws regarding protesters by checking the ACLU’s DNC Page here https://www.aclupa.org/issues/freespeech/dnc/ Fill out Pre-Arrest forms It’s always a good idea to provide key information so that if you are arrested, we’ll have an easier time tracking you in the criminal justice system. Groups might… Read more →
Training Overview Contact us for training. We also urge you to read all the materials on this site. If you are so inclined, get familiar with this material and train your group on it. Training materials are provided here and you can watch how we use these materials in the videos below. Training Materials Know Your Rights PDF Words… Read more →